DVB-T ATV UT100C Getting there: Transmitting video files , getting constellation diagrams



I have had success with transmitting video files, both test and HDMI ones I have captured off my camcorder via a Avermedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Pro PCI-E card. It all works as intended at full frame rate.

The UT100C works well with files, even Full HD. Dongle at 1mW to rabbit's ears antenna, received off main house TV antenna.

There is new software for the UT100C at  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dvshv74hvjkau3a/uifV9Ve95l

I was using Windows 8 but swapped back to Windows 7. Not sure it makes much difference as there is now a signed Windows 8 driver.

Some receiver screenshots:

The image and channel properties at 16QAM. TV receiver software is ProgDVB. It works, its free, its been around a long time.


The 16QAM constellation diagram from Crazyscan2 with TBS 6220.  (I think this is very neat! All praise crazycat69!)


Re-transmitted at 64QAM as per Australian DVB-T standard.



The band scan showing my strong signal and the FTA stations further up the band. I should do the same with my BladeRF, although it only does about 20 MHz bandwidth..


I am only using a Haswell Pentium, working hard. It locks at full screen. (yes, they do make them and only cost $80!)  Although I will have to use something better.


On the transmitter side, modulation parameters, while TSPlayer is running. It plays files in a loop which is handy for testing.

 

 
 
The dongle is on a i5 Haswell, which does things with ease. The video file transmitting puts very little  load on the CPU as there is no encoding.
 
 
 



Still working on live transmission. I haven't tried audio, even with files, but the latest software is meant to support it.

Any comments welcome on how to get live TX going at full frame rate. Email vk4zxi(at)outlook.com.

Comments

  1. FEBON168 UVC USB hdmi capture card
    http://febon.blogspot.com/2012/09/user-manual-of-usb-dongle-of-dvb-t-dvb.html

    John

    glyfadaweb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment