First IF tap IC-7410- Circuits and further notes

I have added some notes and portions of the circuit and block diagram to my post on a 1st IF tap on my IC-7410.

Further, the design of the 7410 suggests it is a hydrid software defined receiver (SDR), as modulation/demodulation, noise control and the main filtering for different modes, are all done in a firmware-programmed digital signal processor. I bought the 7410 as it seemed the most advanced design of the available TRX in my price range. It is more so than I first thought.

In reading the circuit diagram, I wonder if it is possible to tap where the Rx and Tx separate from the shared antenna. If there is such a point, the sdr and TRX Rx may be able to share an antenna at the frontend of the TRX and operate as two separate Rx.

Comments

  1. Neat little project.

    Somewhat discussed today on the new Signal Everywhere podcast and I noted in the comments this topic be discussed more or something in that manner:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_arIkYWPuo

    Not sure if you've seen this that might answer your question or lead you on to who can from experience:
    https://www.instructables.com/id/Yaesu-FT-450D-RF-Tap-Modification-for-SDR/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment